“How do I make my event interactive?” In the era of smartphones and social networks, we hear this question more and more often. Although the contexts differ from one client to another, the answer everyone agrees on is, “With an iPad!”
The case study we’re sharing with you today explains how we took a national conference for 260 participants and made it interactive by promoting dialogue throughout the event.
For some time now, touch-screen tablets, the most common being the iPad, have made their way into everyday life. Much more than mere entertainment devices, they’re increasingly used in the workplace because of their many advantages as a middle ground between a computer and smartphone. So it’s only natural that iPads, due to their added value, have now become ever present at conventions and corporate events.
At a national conference we organized in Montreal last May, we rented iPads for our 260 participants for a week. The goal: motivate participants to interact at seminars, through a voting system and online surveys. iPad in hand, each participant became a fully fledged actor in the event by communicating, providing their perspective, and collaborating on the content. These iPads also served as support to the meetings, since all documents had been uploaded beforehand. As a result, participants dialogued and shared their experiences due to this new tool, which was in itself an experience. A real hit!
Multifunctional and versatile, the iPad can also be used during corporate events as:
- An interactive and dynamic registration list, thanks to dedicated software,
- An alternative platform to PowerPoint presentations,
- A productivity tool during workshops,
- An interactive menu at dinners and receptions,
- A communication and support tool for a plunge in social media,
- A green alternative to paper printouts.
However, you must still take into account certain factors in order to optimize the iPad’s use at conventions and meetings in hotels:
- Be sure to check the Wi-Fi access in each hall,
- Watch out for connections that cut off regularly and/or may have the Internet access code change from one day to another. Ideally, to avoid entering the Wi-Fi password manually every morning, it’s best to have your own Internet network installed at the time of the event,
- Set up a dedicated server for the plenary session to avoid technical issues.
The iPad has become a must for providing your participants with live interactive experiences during your events. With the arrival of a new operating system and a version four of the unit rumoured for the fall, the iPad has a bright future, and should continue to surprise us!
Do you also have other experiences to share with us? Suggestions to take full advantage of the iPad’s potential? Send us your comments and suggestions on its use!
À propos d’Othentika : Othentika est une agence événementielle et DMC de Montréal qui organise des événements et voyages corporatifs sur mesure pour les grandes organisations afin de mobiliser et reconnaitre leurs employés. Ces événements prennent plusieurs formes telles que : voyage de mobilisation, réunion annuelle, NSM, congrès, lancement de produit, gala de reconnaissance, concours de vente, programme de mobilisation, national et international, consolidation d’équipe (team building) etc, et ce, en formules clés en main ou à la carte. www.othentika.com, 514-524-0000, @othentika, LinkedIn :http://m1p.fr/ry3